What songs would not be nearly as good without a Saxophone component?

GAK

• May 22, 2023
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    So my first two songs, off the top of my head are from the same artist, Gerry Rafferty (probably my favorite singer/songwriter of all time). I'm thinking "Baker Street" and "Get It Right Next Time." Which ones come to your mind?
    Baker Street was my first thought. Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel and Careless Whisper by George Michael also come to mind....

• Love
    Reactions: Mark Burton
    Upvote 0

Janana1313

Apr 1, 2024
    One of my all time favorite songs would never be the same without the sound of a sexy, wailing saxophone 🎷 on the opening of Bob Seger's classic, "Turn the Page". It grabs your attention from the very first note, in a way that only Alto Reed could and did for 40+ years. Not many songs have ever grabbed my attention from the opening rift, but there's something about the way Alto played that sax, that immediately set the mood for what I, and many others, considered to be one of Bob Seger's best songs. I felt so lucky that I got the chance to see him one final time on Bob Seger& the Silver Bullet Band's final tour. You could not tell that Alto was battling stage 4 colon cancer during that tour, he sounded the best I've ever heard him. It was a true shock when they announced his death.

• Love
    Reactions: Mark Burton
    Upvote 0